Every Texan deserves dignity, opportunity, and respect.
In spite of the progress made under Obergefell and with local non-discrimination ordinances, LGBTQ+ Texans have been under attack. As your State Representative, I will continue to be a vocal ally in ensuring every Texan has equal opportunity and is treated with the respect and dignity they deserve.
Together, we can fight back on attacks on LGBTQ+ families and work towards full equality for all:
- stopping book bank and textbook censorship while making sure schools are inclusive spaces free from discrimination and harassment for LGBTQ+ students, families, teachers, and staff
- ensuring access to gender affirming care, including for foster youth, and protecting Texas children from debunked practices such as “conversion therapy”
- guaranteeing the same rights, protections, and access to services for LGBTQ+ foster or adoptive parents as heterosexual foster or adoptive parents
- strengthening hate crime laws and reducing barriers to justice
- expanding local non-discrimination ordinances and passing a statewide NDO that includes protections for sexual orientation and gender identity or gender expression in housing, employment, and public accommodations