I’m fighting for a Texas that’s safe and just for everyone.
Evidence-driven reforms should focus on:
- keeping low-level, non-violent offenders out of jail
- reducing recidivism (such as through re-entry programs)
- decriminalizing mental illness
- breaking cycles of abuse and neglect
- ending the school to prison pipeline
In addition, common sense reform around marijuana policy is a must. Why?
- Texans suffering from debilitating medical conditions such as cancer, chronic pain, or PTSD should have access to medical cannabis
- Enable law enforcement to focus on community policing and violent crime
- Decriminalizing, legalizing, and regulating possession for adults over 21 (similar to alcohol) would reduce overcrowding in jails and bring in needed revenue to fund critical infrastructure and services improvements