I’m fighting for a Texas where everyone has access to healthcare they need.
The Texas Legislature could make the decision overnight to expand Medicaid and provide immediate relief to 1 in 4 Texans who are uninsured. This would save lives while bringing $110 billion of our tax dollars back into Texas and lowering health insurance costs.
Let’s bring our money home to Texas to focus on measures that:
- Reduce maternal mortality rates and increase cultural competency
- Prioritize mental healthcare through therapy for children who are neuro-atypical and increased availability for home and community-based care for adults with disabilities
- Focus on harm reduction policies and addressing growing addiction rates through intervention and treatment
Nearly 50 years after Roe v. Wade it’s time for politicians to respect reproductive freedom and bodily autonomy. Instead of passing laws that harass patients and providers, we should :
- Support the right to safe, legal abortion
- Increase funding for contraceptives and family planning services
- Teach medically accurate, age appropriate sex education that’s inclusive of LGBTQ students